Thursday, July 16, 2015

Art a la Mode

Iconic Ionian


In the Dorian Wood



Phrygian Fire and Depth


Lydian Lark











Mellifluous Mixolydian




Lent in Aeolian Mode













Lunar Locrian



     On Friday, July 17, 2015 my exhibit, Recollection will have its opening reception in conjunction with Lexington's Gallery Hop. Recollection is my DIY retrospective of the last 20 years of painting. My most recent work takes a little different turn; I am creating paintings inspired by musical modes. I am studying modes in my pursuit of becoming a certified healthcare musician through the Therapy Harp Training Program. I thought it would be fun to demonstrate the modes on my little Rees harp. During the reception, from 5 - 8 pm, I will from time to time give into this inclination. I hope you will join me at the MS Rezny Studio/Gallery, 903 Manchester Street, in the Distillery District of Lexington. You can tell me if my representations of the modes are on target!

   I will also have my harp on hand for the pick-up and drop-off day, noon - 3 pm, August 8th. This will be the last day for work for notBIG(3) to be delivered and the last day for Recollection. So it can be a pick-up date should you be a new owner of a Recollection painting. I will send you off with a song, a la mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment