Friday, May 9, 2014

The Fleeting Season


Underlit at Carnico, 7 x 5", watercolor/pastel
You have to look fast to catch this season, and this has been particularly true this year. The redbud and the dogwood came out at the same time. Still, or maybe because of this, it was a spectacular early Spring. The redbud budded out and was in full fig in a day. I have two different vantage points from which to enjoy the redbuds and my personally favorite time is in the morning, just as the sun is cresting. To the right, is a country view, at Lake Carnico in Nicholas County. I was struck by this scene because the spring green leaves were illuminated from underneath.

      The view on the right is outside my window in Lexington.  When I do my morning exercises, I am treated to this view.  It had been quite drab during the late winter months. Then the tender spring greens appeared. Now it is so leafed out that there is

Village View, 7 x 5", watercolor/pastel
not much to see except the greens that lead to Summer. To everything there is a season....

You may see these paintings at MS Rezny Studio/Gallery, 903 Manchester Street in Lexington, KY. I will use my new work space to put them in frames and they will be in the drawers at the Gallery soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment