Friday, April 22, 2011

Photos vs Paintings

 My sister was interested in seeing the photograph and the painting of the bluff with primroses side-by-side.  They don't quite fit, but perhaps this gives you an idea of the difference between photography and painting. I have to say, I am not a great photographer--but taking photos for reference has improved my skill somewhat. I definitely have an idea of the painting I want to make as I take photographs.  For example, the rugged quality of the bluff and the feeling of wind does not show up in the photograph as well as it does in the painting.  If I were a stellar photographer, you would see it in the photograph.

This is why I am a painter!  Now through Derby Day you can see the primrose paintings and more at White Horse Gallery, 431 Main Street, Paris, KY.  After that, my paintings will be coming down to make room for a new show.  I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to see my paintings in the delightful setting of White Horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment