Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The End of Peach Season


Vernon at Dawn
 I love peach season!  It starts out slowly, and we are impatient, enduring under ripe peaches. But then, before we know it, we are enjoying lovely, ripe peaches. Is there anything more appealing than a ripe peach -- the luscious smell, the cheeky color, the juicy flesh with a velvet skin? The season has grown longer and I can start the day with a fresh peach well into September.  Then comes the batch too far, when the peaches are bruised and have a sort of fermented nature. We can be hopeful and buy some more, but it is always a disappointment.  We have to let the peach season go.

      It looks like I have reached the end of peach season in my life.  My last blog post helped me understand this.  The dreams that I dreamed of thirty-four years ago have come true and now those dreamy beings are old enough to have their own peachy plans! I have to let them go. But not to worry. Autumn is my favorite time of the year and I have an autumnal pursuit to pour myself into.

Also this week is the Paris Art Walk. Stoner Creek Arts will be hosting Creative Harvest  at the Hopewell Museum, 800 Pleasant Street, Paris, KY.  I will have two paintings there, Red Fencerow and Goldenrod Gone By. (From 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment