Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's Up?



Good Woods at the Little Library

 Well, for starters, Good Woods (aka Into the Woods) is now on display at the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center at the University of Kentucky. So you can do your research and take a walk on the wild side while you at it.  Featured are the woods of Kentucky, at Floracliff, Blue Licks and Carnico. 



Red Fencerow

   Stoner Creek Arts is offering a Creative Harvest again this year.  The setting is the beautiful Hopewell Museum located at 800 Pleasant Street in Paris, KY.  One of my (two) paintings on display will be Red Fencerow, which was recently part of the Art of Carnico show in Carlisle, KY.  This painting is one of my favorites since it was inspired by Max Slevogt's Red Arbor with Dog, from the German Impressionists exhibit that I viewed last autumn in Houston. 

     My recent contribution to the Fleming County Hospital revolving wall has come back home to Clover Slope, my studio by Lake Carnico in Nicholas County, KY. I took advantage of that to create my own revolving wall display.  If you would like to see my work, feel free to e-mail me:  kathy@kathyreesjohnson.com.






Horses!


No comments:

Post a Comment